Welcome! In ITS Rocky Mountain’s continuing efforts to improve the surface transportation system throughout the member states via research, development, and application of intelligent transportation technologies, the Board of Directors initiated a Student Outreach Program in 2003. ITS Rocky Mountain feels that our students are our future and have consequently committed to (1) facilitating Intelligent Transportation Systems education; (2) providing or disseminating information on annual Student Scholarship/Paper Award opportunities.
Full-time undergraduate or graduate students can become members of the Chapter for a $25.00 annual fee. However, it is important to note that this fee is waived if the student is a member of an ITS Rocky Mountain Student Chapter. To locate a Student Chapter at your college or university you can email ITS Rocky Mountain at firstname.lastname@example.org. If a Student Chapter does not currently exist at your school, you can start one. Simply download our Establishing an ITS Rocky Mountain Student Chapter Guide and get started!
Individuals who wish to initiate a student chapter should collect and forward to the Chapter the following items:
- Description of your university or college’s transportation, traffic engineering, and/or ITS programs
- A list of five (5) students (graduate or undergraduate) who are petitioning to form the student chapter.
- A copy of the adopted bylaws with the proposed student chapter name and date of adoption. (Please note that within the bylaws, student chapters must list their chapter name as XXX Student Chapter of ITS Rocky Mountain.)
- Name and contact information for individual(s) who will be serving as faculty advisors. (Your university or college must have on faculty an individual who is a current member of ITS Rocky Mountain to serve as the student chapter faculty advisor. It should be noted that ITS Rocky Mountain members who serve as faculty advisors are eligible for an $100.00 credit toward the annual membership fee.)
Download these documents to get started!
- Sample Student Chapter Bylaws
- Student Chapter Charter
- Student Chapter Guide
- Establishing a Student Chapter Membership Applications
- Outreach Brochure (contains scholarship information)
Feel free to contact our administrative staff with any questions:
(406) 273-7224 or via email at email@example.com
Look for Opportunities
Have an internship or an entry level position you would like to post?
Contact us and we will post it here.
Scholarships, jobs, awards
Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to submit an original written paper on rural intelligent transportation systems to the 2016 National Rural ITS (NRITS) Conference to be held October 2-5, 2016, in Chattanooga, TN.
First Place: $1,000; Second Place: $500; Third Place: $250; Entry Deadline: April 15, 2016
Student Essay Competition Sponsored by Southwest Research Institute, $1000 cash prize; Entry Deadline: May 6, 2016